Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Team Up with Tile Finale!!

Almost a year ago I found out that we had been awarded a grant from LEF (LISD Education Foundation). THANK YOU LEF!!!! The grant, titled "Team Up with Tile", allowed us to purchase tons of clay, a slab roller, tile cutters, glazes and many clay tools so that every student in Kindergarten through 5th grade could create their own unique tile.  Those tiles, close to 500 when all was said and done, were all joined together to create a backsplash and more within our art room.  Since it was going to create a construction zone in the classroom, we waited until the summer break to install ALL THOSE TILES!  My husband and son were my terrific tile guys and without them it wouldn't have turned out so wonderful.  So a big thank you to both of them for all their hard work and dealing with my "particularness" (not a word, but the nicest I could think of for my type A, persnickety behavior during installation). Another giant thank you to LEF, since without them this project wouldn't have been possible. I CAN NOT wait until the kiddos get back to school and see our awesome collaborative project.

*5th graders from last year: If you want a picture of your tile and can't come by the school yourself, send me an email and I will take a picture and send it back to you!
siegrista@lisd.net



No comments:

Post a Comment